Amount of Travel Required: 0% Job Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varies
As the front-line ambassador for Goodwill's donations, it is of the utmost importance that donation associates know, understand, and can communicate Goodwill's mission and focus to donors. Transport materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area. Load and unload materials from vehicles, into vehicles, and into or out of containers. Handle a multitude of materials in accordance with company standards avoiding damaging or soiling donations. Secure materials in transport. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area. Exemplify a culture of PRIDE (Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Customer & Community Collaborates with customers to understand and deliver customer's needs & expectations. * Communicate Goodwill's Mission and Focus. * Provide outstanding customer service. * Assist driver with loading and unloading trucks of donated goods. * Assist donors with unloading donations and loading sold goods. * Ask the donor if they would like a receipt and provide a donation receipt with wanted. * Provide a positive experience to our donor even when turning down donations that are not accepted.
Operational Excellence Implements strategies to maximize resources and infrastructure.
* Utilize the donation tracking system to acknowledge each donation accurately. * Effectively sort, store, and process incoming donations according to established company standards to the appropriate workstations. * Transport processed merchandise from workstations to the appropriate area including, store, store holding area and/or to store load holding area as directed. * Move materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas. * Effectively sort and stack materials including incoming donations in a safe and organized manner according to company standards avoiding damaging or soiling donations. Ensure that donations with multiple parts, (i.e., lamps and lampshades) are kept together. * Effectively separate incoming donations by category, (i.e., glass, wares, shoes, etc.), in a safe and organized manner according to company standards when unloading trucks. * Transfer trash from work areas to large trash receptacles. Notify the management if the receptacles are close to being full.
Team Goodwill Promotes a culture that embraces growth & development to meet the needs of our team.
* Must adhere to and demonstrate the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence (PRIDE) at all times.
Safety and Security Compliance
* Pushing or pulling containers weighing up to 50lbs. or up to 100lbs. utilizing a team lift. * Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times. * Safely load and unload materials onto or from vehicles or large containers. * Follow all policies, procedures, and directives of Goodwill Industries assuring safety of personnel or property. * Properly wear and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). * Comply with all health, safety and fire standards and all local, state and federal regulations (WISHA & OSHA). * Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incident of theft, fraud, waste, or unauthorized possession of company property.
* Perform other related duties as assigned. * Specific goals and expectations will be provided by management. * Requires punctual and regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older. * Must be able to work flexible schedules, including weekends. * High School education or equivalent experience preferred. * Excellent customer service skills. * Must be able to interact cordially with a diverse group of individuals. * Ability to communicate and understand instructions, both verbal and written, in English. * Able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public. * Able to meet production goals. * Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50lbs or up to 100lbs utilizing a team lift. * Ability to engage in prolonged standing and walking. * Able to perform frequent bending, stooping and stretching.
* Vision (Near, Distance, Depth Perception) * Sense of Sound (Ability to hear conversations) * Sense of Touch
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.