Combat System Installation Lead Engineer - Pascagoula
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Ship Integration and Test Installation and Combat System Lead Engineer
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for coordinating personnel and support of the CS Installation Engineering work center. This individual will be responsible for reviewing detail design drawings, conducting installation inspections of the AEGIS CG-47 and DDG-51 Class Ship combat systems equipment and related support systems equipment which will include the following duties:
• Provide assistance/resolution to Engineering, Detail Design, and Field Engineering Groups (Lockheed Martin, Government, and Government Contractors) related to equipment installation and design issues.
• Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solutions in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
• Liaison with CG & DDG Planning Yards on development of Combat System Technical Data Packages.
• Review Installation Control Drawings (ICDs) and SIDs.
• Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
• Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conduct technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives.
• Witness the shipboard load-outs of combat systems equipment.
• Conduct inspections of combat system equipment and cabling during installation to identify problems and provide solutions.
• Provide combat system engineering in the area of ship support systems (e.g., demineralized cooling water, chilled water, sea water, electronic dry air, PAO, 400Hz, etc.).
• Install equipment ORDALT upgrades and remove products ensuring coordinative engineering field change completion on AEGIS Weapon System.
• Act as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
• Will interface daily with Shipyards, State and local safety officials, Regional Maintenance Centers, and USN Ships’ force.
This position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events and issues. Will require working flex hours, overtime, and on occasion weekends and holidays.
Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance. Basic Qualifications:
• Experience in design, integration, and/or installation engineering with knowledge of CG 47, DDG 51, and/or FMS Aegis or other USN surface ship combat system equipment and land site simulators.
• Knowledge of Military Specifications and Standards related to bonding and grounding of equipment on Navy Ships, MIL-STD-1310, MIL –STD-1399, MILSTD- 901D (shock), and ship cooling systems/components.
• Knowledge of interface protocols, system design criteria, equipment interactions, major signal flows, and USN Shipbuilding Specifications.
• Ability to read and comprehend production drawings.
• Ability to read and comprehend military specifications for electrical and optical cable, connectors and backshells, and system design, integration and integrity testing.
• Familiarity with the latest applicable Military Specifications for electrical and optical cable, connector, backshell, and system design, integration, and integrity testing.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. Desired Skills:
• BS in Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Prior experience as an installation engineer in ship repair facilities or equivalent industrial environments.
• Prior experience with equipment engineering change installation (Field Changes, Engineering Changes, ORDALTs, SHIPALTs, Field Modification Bulletins).
• Prior operational experience in the Aegis fleet.
• Experience with Cable (both copper and fiber) fabrication and testing.
• Experience with soldering and wire wrap techniques.
Certifications a plus.
• Experience with ship support systems (HP/LP Air, dry air, 400Hz SSFC Systems, CND/SPY/Sonar Cooling Systems).
• Experience with providing technical leadership and working in a multi-organization team to accomplish a common goal.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...