Chief Technology Officer (CTO) (Amory)
ORS Partners, LLC. in Amory, MS
- Industry: Information Technology - Chief Executive (Director/CIO/CTO)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $104,820.00 - 156,930.00 / Year*
Posted Date 4 days ago (3/18/2020 3:47 PM)
Job ID 2020-7213
# of Openings 1
Category Information Technology
The effective development and use of technology is at the heart of BDTs success. With this in mind, BDT seeks a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to set and oversee the strategy of our Software Engineering, Data Science, and Information Technology teams. We have made major strides in building and integrating technology and expanding our use of data analytics over the last few years. We need a leader to stabilize our growth and guide scaling our data and technology efforts in the years ahead. The CTO will be a strategic leader internally and will represent BDT externally.
The CTO will have responsibilities in four areas:
Strategic Leadership: The CTO will drive the evolution of BDTs data and technology strategy, ensure operational excellence making the strategy a reality, and foster continuous improvements and innovation contributing to BDTs overall success and impact.
Specifically, the CTO will:
- Develop, cultivate, and leverage partnerships and business relationships with state agencies, civic tech, the private sector, and others;
- Work closely with the CEO and other leaders to ensure that data and technology initiatives and strategies are aligned with organization-wide priorities and continuous improvement efforts;
- Cultivate a creative and constructive culture that fosters collaboration and clear communication across the organization and allows BDT to hire and retain the very best employees within nonprofit compensation constraints;
- Keep abreast of data and technology trends, new market opportunities, and their implications for BDTs growth and impact; and
- Advise and support the evolution of product thinking across the organization.
Software Design & Engineering Leadership: Supported by the director of software engineering, the CTO will provide leadership scaling BDTs technology efforts that advance benefits eligibility and access. The CTO will guide and direct efforts that keep opportunity, operations, quality, and scalability in balance. Specifically, the CTO will:
- Ensure high technical and operational performance by platform, interactions, quality assurance, and application reliability teams and their seamless integration with the wider organization ;
- Identify and champion emerging market opportunities for BDTs software products; and
- Assist with ensuring that BDTs business strategy uses proper technology systems architecture to achieve its goals
Data Science Leadership: Supported by the director of data science, the CTO will shepherd innovative strategies around data science and analytics advancing BDTs growth and impact. The CTO will:
- Build and develop a team of highly talented data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers;
- Align data architecture and operations to support targeted outreach, outcome reporting, and internal analysis and to maintain appropriate data governance;
- Serve as an external advocate for BDTs research and evaluation functions alongside BDTs policy team;
- Identify and foster relationships with external partners and within the data for good community; and
- Ensure BDT stays at the cutting edge of data science in the field of social services.
Technical Infrastructure Planning and Oversight: Supported by the director of information technology, the CTO will provide leadership and oversight of BDTs information technology efforts. Specifically, the CTO will:
- Ensure the team manages BDTs IT infrastructure from Technical Services and Cybersecurity to Cloud Engineering and Site Reliability to high standard;
- Oversee creation of the strategy and procedures protecting the enterprises resources and data;
- Recommend and review operational processes to ensure organization-wide network programs and engagement functions;
- Ensure technology tools improve employee satisfaction and efficiency, and that the IT team supports technology capacity building across the organization;
- Oversees the IT budget, including identifying cost-saving opportunities;
- Provide leadership ensuring BDTs contact center, the core of its benefits screening and enrollment work, has the technologies and support to carry out its work efficiently and with high employee satisfaction;
- Ensure maintenance of BDTs SOC 2 certification;
- Drive risk management, business continuity, and compliance strategy; and
- Provide leadership ensuring robust cybersecurity strategies and practices that is not only in compliance with relevant rules and standards but becomes a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
While no one person may embody all of the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- A demonstrated passion for BDTs mission and commitment to helping individuals meet their basic needs;
- Sophisticated leadership skills developed through a minimum of ten years of progressive technical leadership in a high-growth, fast-paced organization;
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience and success in building or scaling complex IT ecosystems;
- Strong sense of empathy for all stakeholders: clients, customers, partners, and employees. This empathy should influence the strategic direction of the organization;
- Executive presence and ability to influence employees, customers, and partners;
- Demonstrated ability to be an external ambassador, including business cultivation, fundraising, and advocacy;
- Experience leading strategic planning, rallying support for and communicating a vision, and realizing strategic goals through well executed operations;
- Proven track record of working across an organization with different priorities to achieve a common goal. This includes the demonstrated ability to work through turf issues, have productive but difficult conversations, and work through individual interests, insecurities, and needs for the broader good;
- Exceptional strategic and design thinking with an ability to consider impact and opportunities of a fast-changing technology market in the health & human service sector;
- Strong record of achievement planning and managing engineering teams, software development, security monitoring, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance;
- Proven track record with IT and information systems related project management endeavors (i.e. successful completion on time and within budget);
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to adapt quickly to change. Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage the potential impact of significant change;
- The emotional intelligence to know when to lead, when to coach, and when to follow.
- Bachelors degree required with an advanced degree in a related field strongly preferred.
Benefits Data Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a supportive work environment and excellent benefits. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to the given email address. No phone calls please. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen and provide three professional references.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Associated topics: chief executive, chief executive officer, chief information officer, chief technology officer, co founder, director, president, senior director, vice president
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Amory, MS!