Employment Type: Full-Time
During this time of 'Social Distancing' due to COVID-19 and in preparation for the resumption of operations, we at The Burks Companies (TBC) encourage you to apply for any position in which you feel your skills sets match with a particular posting. Should TBC feel the need to contact you, we may do so via email, phone, text, and/or video conference based on the contact information you provide on your application. We wish you the best of luck in your job search and feel free to return as positions are updated often.
ANY Salary Estimation that may appear on this job posting DOES NOT reflect the salaries set by this company for this position.
Position Type Full Time
Location Tunica, MS.
Overview The Stewarding Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the stewarding department, continuously monitoring quality of work performed by kitchen support personnel, dishwashers, cleaners, stock/warehouse attendants, etc. This individual works closely with the Chefs and various F&B management team members to ensure service excellence is maintained for all F&B outlets. This includes quality inspection audits and the continuous training of stewarding personnel to fulfill the service expectations under this responsibility. Must maintain ServSafe Manager Certification.
- Constantly responsible for stewarding personnel to properly carry out all assigned responsibilities.
- Conduct on-going training of departmental equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for training in food, health and safety of all divisional personnel.
- Constantly responsible for walk-through quality audits/inspections of all kitchen and service areas.
- Ability to work with all equipment and supplies in department.
- Assists in conducting monthly inventories, (daily usage and specialty items) maintaining established pars and ordering necessary equipment.
- Assists in maintaining all equipment and coordinate repairs when necessary.
- Attends meetings as directed.
- Constantly communicates with all employee relation issues, paperwork consisting of records and miscellaneous matters.
- Communicates to employees' policies, procedures, standards and expectations.
- Ensures all proper health and fire code requirements are communicated to employees and maintained.
- Communicates job assignments to employees.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure effective service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 3-years prior supervisory experience consisting of business management, record keeping, purchasing basics, knowledge of kitchens and dish machines, inventory control, fire safety and chemical awareness programs.
- Ability to be flexible, handle multiple tasks, and be observant.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
- Requires reading, writing and comprehension of English.
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to a maximum of 50 lbs., alone, for distances up to 500 ft.
- Frequently Washing, Rinsing, Bussing
- Frequently stooping, bending, twisting and reaching.
- Frequently pushing and pulling up to a maximum of 1,200 lbs.
- Must be extremely flexible with schedule.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment and outdoors with occasional temperature changes.
- Work with others, sometimes in close spaces.
- Moderate noise levels.
- Walking and standing on tile and mats
- HAZARDS: Heavy lifting/pushing, wet floors, chemical odors.
- Regular scheduled hours: Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
THIS COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Loading some great jobs for you...